COVID Policy Update May 21, 2021
Starting this Sunday, VRBC will be following the CDC/NYS guidelines on mask wearing at church. If you are fully vaccinated, masks will be optional. If you are not vaccinated, mask are still required (this includes unvaccinated children over 2 years old). This update is in line with our COVID Response Plan (adopted 3/13/20) which calls for the adoption of appropriate CDC and NYS recommendations and regulations.
A couple of helpful points:
- You are considered to be "fully vaccinated" 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are NOT fully vaccinated. Masks will still be required
- The 6 feet distancing rule is still in effect, and the chairs in the sanctuary are set up to be in compliance with that NYS rule.
- If you feel comfortable continuing to wear a mask, feel free to do so, there will be no judgment here!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or one of the elders.
- Pastor Jake
Announcement for Sunday, June 14, 2020
VRBC Regathering Update
Our first Sunday back together was a great time of worship and fellowship! While our worship gatherings will look quite different for a while, and there will likely need to be adjustment as we go, we are encouraged that God has brought us to a place where we can assemble again as the Vassar Road Baptist Church. Beginning this week - June 14th, we are allowed to meet at 25% capacity inside the sanctuary. As such, we will meet in the church building for worship.
Here are the details for our regathering:
- Worship will continue at 9:30 AM on for the foreseeable future.
- Worship will be in the Sanctuary. We have set up the seats to comply with 6 feet social distancing guidelines.
- We will only be using the double doors by the sanctuary. Please use those doors to enter and exit.
- We will be enforcing strict social distancing measures, and will require all who attend to wear a mask and stay at least 6 feet apart from one another (unless you live in the same household with the person or ride together to church).
- We will have hand santizers available through-out the building.
- We will continue to stream worship online. If you are unable to attend or feel uncomfortable attending due to health and safety concerns, we completely understand and encourage you to continue streaming the service online.
If you have any questions, please don't hesistate to reach out Pastor Jake or your Elder.
Dear Church Family,
I hope and pray that you are well and are taking necessary precautions to keep yourself, your loved ones, and your neighbors healthy. It is with much sadness that I am writing to let you know we are cancelling all church activities, including gathering for Sunday Morning Worship, for the foreseeable future.
The Elders will continue monitoring the situation closely. As soon as we are able, we will start back our regular corporate worship and ministries. There are several important items for your consideration in this unusual time in the life of our church:
- Sunday Worship will be Streamed online beginning this Sunday and will continue that way until we are able to gather again. Information on accessing this will be available in the coming days.
- Bible Study materials have been moved online to our website: vrbcpok.org. They can be found under the “Resources” tab at the top of the screen. We will be working to provide more as we are able. You can utilize these for your personal or family devotional times.
- Financial aid is available for members through our Benevolence Fund. Please reach out to your Elder for confidential help in this area.
- Pray for and check in on one another. Though we may be isolated, we can still connect through phone, email, video calls, etc. If there is a need please reach out to an Elder and be willing to serve if called upon.
- Financial Support of the Church. If you are able, we encourage you to consider giving to the ministry of VRBC during this time apart. We have easy and secure online giving available on our website: vrbcpok.org . Just click on the ‘give’ tab and follow the directions. You can also mail in your gift to the church. While we may not be meeting, our missionaries are still on the field around the world and they need our support. Your regular giving to VRBC is used to help fund International and North American missions, as well our church’s ministry efforts.
Not meeting together as a local church is difficult and will no doubt cause a void in our lives. Although we are being kept apart at the moment, God by His grace, will keep us together in Christ. It is my prayer that this season will not only be short, but that it will renew in our hearts a deep love and appreciation for the local church. I hope that God will use this time to strengthen our bonds with Him and one another. As with the Apostle John, “I have much to write to you”, and I hope soon we can ‘talk face to face, so that our joy may be complete” (2 John 12).
Let me close this brief letter with a benediction from Hebrews 13:20-21: “Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.”
Your Brothers in Christ,
Pastor Jake and the Elders of VRBC