Hudson River Community Church
VRBC's Church Plant
In light of our church’s stated objective “to share Christ with as many people as possible” we desire to begin a new church work here in the Hudson Valley. To that end we are sending out Pastor Matt Lotpseich as he plants Hudson River Community Church. You can see more information about the church plant at the website: https://www.hudsonrivercc.org/
We live in an area where there is a great need for new, gospel- preaching churches. There are only 2 SBC Churches in Dutchess County. Ulster County has only 1 SBC Church. That means there are only 3 SBC churches in an area of almost 500,000 people.
How can 3 reach half a million? We need to be multiplying ourselves so that each city and town in the Hudson Valley has a Biblically solid, gospel-preaching church.
The VRBC Church Planting Plan that we the church approved contains 4 Phases.
Phase 1: VRBC Staff Member/Hudson Baptist Association (HBA) Church Plant Intern
- Church creates Ministry position in conjunction with HBA
- Church calls the Church Planter as a staff member
- He serves at the church in a bi-vocational role, learning the church, the culture of our community, and building relationships
- Builds church partnerships for plant (NAMB, BCNY, partnering churches)
Phase 2: Church Plant Core Group (overlaps with Phase 1)
- The Church Planter (CP) begins to gather together a core group who are interested in joining the plant
- The CP begins a weekly Bible Study with the core group
- The CP begins reaching out to the community to grow the core group. The core group will be the foundation for the church plant
- The CP and VRBC leadership select a location for the church plant
Phase 3: Church Plant Launch
- After approx. 12 – 18 months, the CP and the core group will launch as a church plant
- We will assist them with volunteers, financial support, and material support.
Phase 4: Church Plant Support – Autonomy
- By the end of year 3, we aim for the plant to become an autonomous local church and we transition from a sending church to a supporting church.
On June 3rd, 2018 we voted unaimously to approve this plan and put it into motion.
On August 5th, 2018 we announced to the church that Matt Lotspeich would be our Church Planter and he and his family moved here later that month. He began serving at VRBC and preparing for the planting of the new church.
On August 19th, 2019 Hudson River Community Church held its first Worship Night with with several more planned through the end of the year as they prepare for a launch in 2020.
For the Elders as they continue on the plan
For Matt and his family, You can follow Matt on Facebook here.
For how God can use you in this plan to reach our region for Christ.
Partners & Potential Partners:
We are looking for partners who wish to join with us in starting this new work here in the Hudson Valley.
How can you or your church join with us?
- Prayer. Please pray for wisdom, faithfulness, and fruit as we seek to follow God's will
- Financial: Your financial support is greatly appreciated. We are looking for churches or individuals who want to partner with us for monthly, annually, or one-time gifts. (To give online, select the "Give" tab then enter your amount and hit go. On the next page you can select "Church Plant" from the pull-down menu and your donation will go to support the work directly).
- Material: If you have items that you would like to donate (equipment, chairs, etc.) we are
- Physical: We would love to have your church or group come up for short-term mission trip!
Contact Pastor Jake for more information.